[SunRescue] What exactly is a Sun 4/25 ?

Scotty Logan swl at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 28 17:15:04 CDT 2000

On 28 April 2000, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On April 28, Scotty Logan wrote:
> > Not to mention that 10Mb/s ethernets are rarely switched, so
> > collisions also reduce the available bandwidth.
>
>   10mb ethernets are switched more often than not these days, at least
> in the places where I hack on stuff.

I always thought 10Mb switches were rare and expensive, until
autosensing 10/100 switches became common... most of the 10Mb only
stuff I've seen has been non-switched.  However, my experience may not
be typical.

  Scotty

--
Scotty Logan - swl at stanford.edu - Unix & ADSM admin - Stanford University

"How many times do I have to tell ya... the right tool for the right job!"
  Scotty, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier