[SunRescue] What exactly is a Sun 4/25 ?

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Fri Apr 28 12:21:00 CDT 2000

Wow, that would be enough RAM to run X on that machine at a reasonable
speed.  I've got an ELC with a toasted monitor sitting under my desk here
(not running) waiting for me to take it appart and see what's dead, but
since the monitors aren't all that great I haven't put much time into it.

[snip]

> Anybody used SCSI to bridge a cluster?  TFTP boot a set off LINUX and
> cluster a box full of em?  They are not hot.  Ought to be
> able to get a
> bunch on a single pee-cee PS.  Now you got me thinkin!

Ya know, I'm pretty sure that Linux has some drivers to run TCP/IP over
SCSI...  I wonder if you could cluster that way.  It wouldn't be too fast,
and most of my machines have only 1 SCSI port, so it would be hard to chain
more than 2 of them together.  Hmm....
	Greg