[SunRescue] HP 35470-00100 1g DAT tape on Sparc SS1?

Sheldon T. Hall shall1 at columbus.rr.com
Wed Apr 26 19:17:37 CDT 2000

On Wednesday, April 26, 2000 9:30 AM, BSD Bob wrote:
> A fellow is pulling a 1 gig HP DAT tape (35470-00100) from one of our
> old PC servers.  Anyone know if this will work OK on a SparcStation1?
> I am guessing it should, but thought I would check to see if there were
> any gotchas.

I don't know about that one, but the 2-4 gig DDS-2 drive that HP sells as
the "SureStor Tape 5000" works fine on my IPX and my LX.  HP's web site has
a page about the various switch settings you'll need.  Other than the
switch settings and ID jumpers, I don't remember having to do anything
special to make it work under Solaris 7.

-Shel