[SunRescue] Bash/Sol7

Hampus Linden mi6 at swipnet.se
Sun Apr 23 14:04:08 CDT 2000

>From the bash man-page:
-snip-
       When  bash is invoked as an interactive login shell, or as
       a non-interactive shell with the --login option, it  first
       reads and executes commands from the file /etc/profile, if
       that file exists.  After reading that file, it  looks  for
       ~/.bash_profile,  ~/.bash_login,  and  ~/.profile, in that
       order, and reads and executes commands from the first  one
       that  exists  and is readable.  The --noprofile option may
       be used when the shell is started to inhibit  this  behav-
       ior.
-snip-

That should give you information yo need.

   /hampus