[SunRescue] Bash/Sol7

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sun Apr 23 12:18:13 CDT 2000

I still seem to be having trouble getting any environmental settings changed
on a per-user basis using Solaris7 and BASH.  I've tried .bashrc, .profile,
.dtprofile, with lots of different things inside the first two, and adding a
couple of lines to the last one.  I'm sure that there is something that I'm
doing wrong.  Right now, I have a .profile that looks like this:
set PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/netscape:$PATH
export PATH

with the executable bit set, but my path still doesn't change.  I'm using
CDE on Solaris 7, and BASH 2.03.  Anybody want to tell me what I'm doing
wrong?  Thanks,
	Greg

| Windows NT has detected that there were no errors |
| for the past 10 minutes. The system will now try  |
| to restart or crash. Click the OK button to       |
| continue.                                         |
(sigline nicked from Jayan M on comp.os.linux.misc)