[SunRescue] Booting SS1 from floppy????

BSD Bob bobkey at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Fri Apr 21 17:25:26 CDT 2000

> >Offhand, I have forgotten how to boot an SS1 from floppy.
> >
> >Anyone remember the correct prom incantation to get a SparcStation1
> >to boot from floppy?
> >
> Isn't it boot fd()
>
> or boot floppy?
>
> Try doing help boot at the okay prompt, it should tell you most of what it
> supports.

boot fd()      did not work
boot floppy    did not work
boot fd(,,1)   did not work
boot /fd       did not work
boot fd        did not work
boot fd(0,0,0) did not work

Methinks someone may have to look this one up in the manuals.

Help boot gave everything but floppy info.

I did get OpenBSD to boot from the floppy one time, but fer the
dickens of it I can't recall what I incanted into the night on
the full moon over a stewpot to get the silly thing booting.

Where did I put my bat's wings and eyes o' newt.....(:+\\.....

Bob