[SunRescue] Re: Hard drive manufacturers

apotter at icsa.net apotter at icsa.net
Thu Apr 20 17:02:04 CDT 2000

ankh at canuck.gen.nz said:
> IBM is my absolute favorite brand of hard disks, IDE or SCSI.  I've
> not only never had one fail, nobody I know has had one fail, either.

Well, you obviously don't know me, my company, or several of my friends......

Don't get me wrong, they're OK, just far from perfect.  I've had particularly
bad luck with an older lot of 350 meggers.  Four of four failed.  Warranty
seems to be universally 1 year, while others go as long as 5.

And remember, their "deskstar" line of IDEs is widely and fondly know as the
"deathstar" line.  Deducing the reason why is left as an exercise for the
reader.....

AL