[SunRescue] 'panic: memory error' after add 2nd SM71 inside SS20

Volker Schmidt volker at Illuminatus.MZ.Rhein-Main.DE
Thu Apr 20 14:44:56 CDT 2000

Hello!

After adding a 2nd SM71 to my SS20 (older model, 160MB RAM
installed) the machine crashes with the panic message shown in
the subject.

Checking "iscda.sh" from Sunsolve on the crash dumps mention any
(another in every crash dump I have) of the three DIMMS (2x64 MB,
1x32MB, non barcoded).

Inside the machine there is just a 8MByte VSIMM and a IBM
DNES-309170 Disk. Third fan near disk is installed.

Machine remains stable if I switch off the newly installed CPU
with psradm. Swapping CPU's in MBUS-Sockets doesn't help.

Checked with SunVTS brings both CPU's to "green".

Any hints/clues/ideas apreciated...

TIA,
--volker
--