[SunRescue] Ethernet Foibles on an IPX

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Tue Apr 18 21:37:09 CDT 2000

Hello all,
Hopefully one of you can point me in the right direction.

I have an IPX that I have connected via a transceiver and tp crossover cable
to my PowerMac. I run a dhcp server software on the Mac and use ifconfig to
tell the IPX where to get it's address. This worked fine.

Then tonight, I log in as root and ifconfig says that "le0: no such device"
Reboot. Samething. Reboot -r. Samething. Shutdown to prom. "Test /sbus/le"
comes back with both internal and external loopback ok. hmm. Go to my work
office. Test both transceiver and cable. Both work fine.

Obviously I'm missing something here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

William

--
Live without fear; your Creator loves you     | William Barnett-Lewis
as a mother. Go in peace to follow the good   | mailto://wlewis@mailbag.com