[SunRescue] Quick 670 questions

Martin Wedel xsintrk at xsintrk.net
Tue Apr 18 10:52:43 CDT 2000

   Hi, my 670 finally arrives today (hopefully in one piece) and I had
a few quick questions.

Memory expansion board :  (501-1767) Jumper is set for board one, and
the others appear correct also. Does anyone have online documentation
for these jumpers?

I seem to recall a post way back when (before I considered buying one
of these) that gave a specific card order for the system, does the
memory card need to go into a certain slot? I'm hoping that if it
isn't put in the right place, it will cause no other harm other than
not being recognized.

Also, how do I tell if my system has the faster SCSI controller on
board?

I also have the SM51/SM51-2 proc set to replace the SM100's as I was
told these were not much more than door stops at best. Whats the
minimum boot prom version needed for these?

Any other pointers from anyone familiar with these boxen that might
save me some headaches during inspection/setup are most certainly
welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks again for a great list!

-Martin Wedel
   webmaster :: xsintrk.net, minor-element.net
   xsintrk at xsintrk.net
   See my old computers @ http://www.xsintrk.net/systems/