[SunRescue] RE: Axil 320

S Condit s.condit at unite.net
Tue Apr 18 05:46:08 CDT 2000

Sorry for the delay but I've been away for a few days-
You can get memory from memoryx at the moment for the axil 320 @ 105 USD / 64MB

http://www.memoryx.net/axil320.html

I know you're not in the US but it's the only place I've found that does it.

some more info on the axil 320 can be found here

http://axil.environs.com/ (mainly marketing stuff) and
http://ccom.chongju.ac.kr/document/unix/doc/sunfaq/
although this one has lots of docs in Korean it does have some more
technical stuff on the Axil

The internal SCSI header isn't 50 pin - the header is towards the top right
as you look at the motherboard with the SBUS slots towards you IIRC - but
I'll check that for you. I haven't looked very closely at mine but it uses
a heavy (in this context) connector with a thick ribbon cable coming off
it. I have the original case and it supports two drives internally off this
cable - the cable ends are standard 50 pin SCSI. I'll take a look at the
cable and try to figure out the connections. The machine I have has a ross
RT625 processor but I believe the axil 320 will take any processor that the
sparc 20 will take - no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong :-)

The only problems I've had with it were running Redhat (5.2, 6.0) which
would fail with SCSI timeouts but Solaris 2.6 works well on it.