[SunRescue] Urgently Needed: PGX32 video card

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Apr 17 14:14:53 CDT 2000

On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 12:02:06PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> The older Ultra5 and 10 machines had 8-bit ATI chipsets.  The newer
> Ultra5/10 machines have 24-bit capable graphics onboard.  My understanding
> was that this was a hardware limitation, and not a software problem.
> 	Greg

The older (first-revision) Ultra 5 and Ultra 10 motherboards had 2mb
onboard (PGX8).  The newer ones all have 4mb onboard (PGX24), but for
Solaris 2.6, you had to install a patch to be able to get 24bit
graphics with the onboard 4mb.

I've got one of the 2mb onboard machines.

Bill

--
|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |