[SunRescue] SCSI disks and old SPARCs

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Mon Apr 17 09:38:12 CDT 2000

I dunno, sounds a lot like a cabling/termination problem from the symptoms
you describe...  :)  What's your total cable length?  What kind of
termination are you using?  How many internal disks?  Tried changing the
number or order of external chassis?

> Anyone seen this before? I suspect the SS1+ motherboard is poorly,
> maybe the SCSI chip output driver is dodgy?

While the SCSI on these machines isn't fast, I haven't had any problems with
my SS2 or SS10 running with the SCSI bus saturated for fairly long ammounts
of time, so I doubt it's the hardware.  I don't know much about SunOS
4.1.4...
	Greg