[SunRescue] Sun monitor GDM-1662. Which is it?

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 15 07:31:22 CDT 2000

Bill Bradford:

> No LEDs or buttons for adjustments; this is an analog-controls monitor.  Same
> as a GDM1962B or a HP2094, etc, its got (if I remember correctly) 3
> roller "knobs" for picture adjustments, then 2 for brightness/contrast, with
> a "rocker/toggle" switch for power on the far right.

That's the one. He actually had two of them (I picked them up for a
total of  ~USD40), and one alledegedly has a problem: when it gets
warm (15 minutes the guy said), it gives a bang like a high voltage
arc, then the display goes black briefly and comes up again. Any
idea which part is failing here and can I fix it myself (with only
moderate soldering and electronics skills)?

I have not yet seen it happen (not even after 2 hours use) which
would give me two wonderful monitors (after exterior cleaning) for a
very reasonable price.

Cheers,

Maarten

--
Maarten Deen                                           +31 (0)77 3076879
mdeen at xs4all.nl                              http://www.xs4all.nl/~mdeen