[SunRescue] Enabling DHCP?

Sheldon T. Hall shall1 at columbus.rr.com
Thu Apr 13 07:03:18 CDT 2000

On Thursday, April 13, 2000 5:30 AM, Paul Khoury wrote:
> How do I enable DHCP on my SPARC (Sol2.6)?
>
> I'm using my SPARC now in a friends' dorm room, but their T3 is
> DHCP, so I can't get it to route.
> And changing the subnet mask doesn't seem to help either - any
suggestions?

Stolen from a web site at OSU.EDU ...

First you need to know the name of your network interface. On Sparc systems
it is usually le0 for 10Mb interfaces, and hme0 for 100Mb interfaces. The
following assumes it is le0. (You can use netstat -i to list all your
network interfaces.

Do the following as root.

  umask 022
  rm -f /etc/hostname.le0
  touch /etc/hostname.le0
  touch /etc/dhcp.le0
  /usr/ucb/shutdown -r now

To undo this, just remove /etc/dhcp.le0, and put a hostname (whose IP
address is given in /etc/hosts) in /etc/hostname.le0.