[SunRescue] another HP question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Apr 11 20:20:08 CDT 2000

Okay, turns out that I have TWO framebuffers (well, at least the built-in
8 bit one, comes up as "color graphics" in SAM, and then the other one,
listed as a "HCRX24").  My question is:

1.  When I open up the system, there's definitely a SVGA connector on
the "back" of the HCRX24 card, however, there's a plate covering it
on the back of the 715.  I'm assuming I need to remove this plate to
get to the connector so I can plug in a monitor.

2.  Is there a way to get the 715 to *ignore* the built-in 8-bit
graphics and use the 24-bit card as the system console and for all
I/O?  From looking at SAM now, I can use it as a SECOND screen without
a  problem....

Thanks.

Bill

--
|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |