[SunRescue] Making Sun bootable CD's under Solaris 2.6

Cyrus M. Reed reedc at cc.wwu.edu
Mon Apr 10 17:06:32 CDT 2000

"El Torito" is a PeeCee standard, so I'm pretty sure that's not what you
want (unless you were making a PeeCee bootable CD; how it works is it
finds the boot image on the CD and maps it to the A: drive with some
BIOS mirrors and black thread). My guess is that you need to find some way
to make it look like a hard disk partition or some such thing (or maybe it
can just boot from the standard CD, without that PC type Black Magic...),
but I'm not sure since I've never done it on a Sparc before.  Afraid
that's not too much help though...

-Cyrus