[SunRescue] drive tray on 670MP

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 9 02:44:32 CDT 2000

> Thanks for the tip.
>
> You should have seen it when the guys were loading the 670 into the back
> of my truck - three guys, and they had it up about a foot and dropped it.

They loaded the two I have with a forklift into the back of my truck.

> All of the skins popped off magically.  It was kinda funny.  Nothing
broke,
> just all of the skins fell off. 8-)

Oh now ya did it, made your puter nekkid!

> Later found out that one of hte hard rubber/plastic wheels on the bottom
had
> shattered, but thats no biggie to fix.

I might have one of those.

> I've got pics in the digital camera of Amy and I unloading it from the
> truck last night (afterI carried it around for 2-3 days); we ended up
taking
> my little $25 wal-mart pushcart that I use for big machines, putting a
pile
> of pillows on it, protecting my bumper with cardboard, then "rolling" the
> 670 out of the truck onto the pile of pillows on the cart so that it was
> sitting upside down. 8-)  It worked, though, and we finally got it into
the
> house.  Tonight I'm gonna attack it with some Windex and some torx tools
> and strip it down to clean.

That I would like to see!

I had to totally disassemble the two to get them in the house, down the
cellar with out any help, just me <this is how I know exactly how to get at
things>

I really like the one I have, dual HyperSPARC 125's, 640MB o'Ram. Very cool
box.

Cheers,

Mike N