[SunRescue] drive tray on 670MP

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Apr 8 18:19:49 CDT 2000

On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 05:51:22PM -0700, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> Bill, you have to remove all of the screws holding the front on, then remove
> all of the screws around the perimeter of the drive tray, disconnect the
> SCSI cable from the rear of the tray, pull toward you. <just don't let that
> heavy bugger fall on your foot> <I did that>
> Mike N

Thanks for the tip.

You should have seen it when the guys were loading the 670 into the back
of my truck - three guys, and they had it up about a foot and dropped it.

All of the skins popped off magically.  It was kinda funny.  Nothing broke,
just all of the skins fell off. 8-)

Later found out that one of hte hard rubber/plastic wheels on the bottom had
shattered, but thats no biggie to fix.

I've got pics in the digital camera of Amy and I unloading it from the
truck last night (afterI carried it around for 2-3 days); we ended up taking
my little $25 wal-mart pushcart that I use for big machines, putting a pile
of pillows on it, protecting my bumper with cardboard, then "rolling" the
670 out of the truck onto the pile of pillows on the cart so that it was
sitting upside down. 8-)  It worked, though, and we finally got it into the
house.  Tonight I'm gonna attack it with some Windex and some torx tools
and strip it down to clean.

Bill

--
|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |