[SunRescue] Help IDing a CPU module

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Apr 8 15:53:55 CDT 2000

On April 8, Bill Bradford wrote:
> As for performance, I dont really *care* about performance for the 4/630
> or 4/670; I've got an UltraSPARC 1/200E/256mb/Creator3D on my desk if I
> need performance. 8-)  The 4/6x0 machines are simply for "woah, cool"
> factor, and to see if I can get Linux up and running on quad SM100s.
> The two boxes wont be run full-time *ever*; I cant afford the power bill! 8-)

  I ran SparcLinux on a 4/600 (in a 4/110 chassis) with SM100s as my
desktop machine for a while about two years ago...it ran great, but
there were bugs when trying to run two SM100s...it dealt much better
with just one.

  Then I got a pair of SM61s, and I was *much* happier.  DAMN that was
a pleasant machine to work on...Dual-headed (2x CG6), a nice type4 kbd
with type5 mouse, a pair of 20" trinitrons...very nice! :-)

              -Dave McGuire