[SunRescue] Help IDing a CPU module

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Fri Apr 7 18:30:03 CDT 2000

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Bill Bradford wrote:

> One has a sticker that says "`k701-0054-01 REV-50", the other has no stickers
> at all.  No 370- or 501- stickers.  The PC board itself says "200-0045-01 REV.
> 01" on both boards right next to the cache controller.  Both boards are
> identical, as far as I can tell, except for one thing - the round heatsink on
> top of the cache controller on one of the boards is a gold/bronze color,
> instead of black.

My money is on them being SM41's, though a few SM51's were also produced
with a pair of round heatsinks.  Dropping them into a SS10 would tell you
for sure.

If you hold the CPU module so that the heatsinks are facing you and the
mbus connector is at the top, at the bottom left corner there should be a
small square oscillator.  SM41's will have 40.3MHz clocks, preproduction
SM45's will have 45MHz, and SM51's will have 50MHz.

-James