[SunRescue] OT: SGI again, and back on topic.

robert.rose at centrelink.gov.au robert.rose at centrelink.gov.au
Wed Apr 5 17:45:16 CDT 2000

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience with me in this off-topic matter.
I've arranged a deal with Mike Nicewonger to assist me in obtaining one of these
Indys (thanks Mike).  If I can scare up any friends here that want one, I'll
keep you all informed.

Back on topic:
I'd like to add another internal disk to a Classic.  The empty floppy drive bay
is where it will have to go, but I need to sort out cables and termination (the
existing 1Gb drive is not terminated).  I seem to remember discussion a few
months ago about why the internal drive in an IPC didn't need termination and
was wondering if it is the same reason the drive in my Classic isn't terminated?
The important thing is what do I do about termination if I add another drive?
If I do terminate after the second drive, can I still attach external devices to
the SCSI bus?  Should I do something about extra cooling if I do add another
drive internally?

Robert.