[SunRescue] Things are progressing.

Peter Koch koch at pz.pirmasens.de
Wed Apr 5 02:59:06 CDT 2000

Hi!

>...its the first time I've seen a lawyer apologize
>without actually apologizing.

Funny, what these guys learn at the university :-)

Ah, i'm so glad that this legal threat turns out actually
improving the relationship between Sun and SunHELP.

BSD Bob wrote:
>(I really did not want to take sledge hammers to all my suns, but
>that thought did occur...(:+{{...

Ah, Bob, but only the already broken ones ;-)

>Olden suns are like a fine wine....
>they mature gracefully with age.....
>(and still make fine lowendian workhorses.....).

And that's the reason we're doing what we're doing.

>Mebbie, OLDENVAXEN.ORG or something alternatively?

Not for me. I like my old Suns for what they were and
what they are: Robust and trusty little things that
Sun and the Sun employees and the owners can be proud of.

I just found out that the youngest of my Sun3's just
had its 10th birthday (it's a 3/80). The oldes machine
is from 1986. Some of these machines did a lot of work
for me but on the other hand they gave me a lot of fun
and less grief than any other machines i own.

Chris Petersen wrote:
>Unlike most of the other major systems vendors, there really
>is no coordinated, central Sun Users Group.  Digital & now
>Compaq has DECUS, HP has Interex, etc, but the Sun
>"users group" has really been more of a grass roots
>community, expressing itself through forums like Usenet,
>sites like SunHELP (and the old SunSites), and through
>people like those of us on this mailing list.

What strongly supports Sun's new motto: "We're the dot
in .com". And we all know, that they are the dot in
.edu, .net and .whatever too! Without Sun, the Internet
would certainly look different.

>In the meantime,keep up the letters of support and feedback
>to Sun - as I've seen in this case, they do really work!

And this is great news for all of us who were disappointed.

Tschuess

Peter