[SunRescue] PC vga monitor on Ultra 1 Creator of Framebuffer?

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Sun Apr 2 14:05:29 CDT 2000

I got my Iiyama 17" Vision Master working on my SGI Indy with a Belkin
13w3 -> HD15 adapter block by breaking all the pins off the 13w3 side of the
adapter.

There is apparently some signal that is genereated on one or more pins that
makes it look like there's no signal on DSUB.  By removing those pins,
leaving the RGB coax connectors, you prevent that errant signal from
interfering.

Also, ensure that you have selected Sync On Green (SOG) from the function
menu on your monitor - this is *very* important.  Otherwise your image will
be scrabled.

I do not have experience with using this method on Suns - but hold on
here...

hmmmmm...

No, not working right now.  Not with this method anyway.

Kurt