[SunRescue] nthelp website

Cyrus M. Reed reedc at cc.wwu.edu
Sat Apr 1 23:34:35 CST 2000

Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> It's a really nice server from the client perspective (outlook is much better than this here
> Netscape mailer)

AAAACK!  First the new sunhelp color scheme, now this.  I'll be blind by
the end of the weekend for sure. ;)  Outlook?!?  Surely you must be
joking.  All those dialog boxes, tabs, super secret hidden options...
the user interface alone is enough to get one lost for months at a
time.  It's one of those programs that you figure out how to do
something once, and you're lucky if you can do the same thing two days
later.   Ick, I get such a disgusting feeling just thinking about it.  I
have the misfortune of having to support this program at my university;
anytime someone calls and says they have an Outlook question, my first
instinct is to exclaim "look out!".  Supposedly when the Exchange server
was put together, they were told never to let it crash, because it's
next to impossible to get running again (it's some detailed process to
restore everything, and if you miss or get one step wrong, its back to
square one... so I've been told).  The web mail "feature" crashes
something like twice a week.  I could go on, but suffice it to say I'm
happy my e-mail doesn't run through that house of cards (lucky for me
student e-mail is on the E4000, I have yet to see Pine or the POP3
server crash :).

-Cyrus