[SunRescue] Q: SCSI adapters for Ultra 5

Ken Hansen n2vip at impop.bellatlantic.net
Wed Apr 26 16:12:25 CDT 2000

Hello,
    I came a cross this deal at a favorite site of mine,
Centrix-intl.com, for a Symbios SCSI card that *looks
like* it would work with the Ultra 5, but since no specific
mention is made, I thought I'd ask here. The link to the
product is:

    http://www.centrix-intl.com/8251s.htm

For $39 it looks like a steal (if it works!).

I've seen mention of the Symbios ___875 chips working with
Ultras, I wonder if this will. Also, I have an Adaptec 2940UW
(*not* OF) should it work/can it be made to work?

Thanks in advance,

Ken
n2vip at bellatlantic.net