[SunRescue] Symbios 8751sp F/W PCI SCSI Card

jcarver jcarver at ipns.com
Mon Apr 24 23:00:19 CDT 2000

Bill:

     I have a few of these that I bought from a local PC dealer in the
Portland Oregon area a will back. They work very well in most of my
PC's.

     They are pulls Marked on the back INTERGRAPH CINFE460A. The FCC ID
is B8J8751SP. They support self booting CD's on a PC. I don't know if
they will work in your SUN.

     If you would care to send me your address, it would be my pleasure
to send you one. I have just recently tried to become familiar with
Sparc and Solaris again after an abortive attempt a few years back.

     I've learned more off your help sight and from the folks on these
news groups in the last 3 weeks that I did in over year truing to figure
things out on my own. (I did get Solaris 2.6 loaded on a Sparc 2 by
after about 2 months of research on "magic Numbers","Label" and trying
to lay a file system out with cylinders on a non standard drive.

     I have just bought a Sparc 5 110Mhz and loaded Solaris 2.7. Damn I
sure wish they have something like this the first time I might I stayed
with it.

     If you had not persevered with Sun on the Web site issue I wouldn't
be taking another stab at Unix. I am really get tired of crashing
windows boxes.

                               One of your fans,

                               Jim Carver

                               15993 S. Apperson Bl.