[SunRescue] Bash/Sol7

Cyrus M. Reed reedc at cc.wwu.edu
Sun Apr 23 10:50:06 CDT 2000

You want .bash_profile, I think (though .bashrc should work for any shell started by the user, hmmm).  Also, you don't want "set PATH=/blah/blah:", you want
just "PATH=/blah/blah:", IIRC (looking in mine).  According to the man page I'm looking at here (which is Sol 2.5, Bash 2.x) the system will first read from
/etc/profile, then ~/.bash_profile , ~/.bash_login, ~/.profile, in that order.  So I think it's a config file problem with the "set" in there, rather than
having the wrong filename.  Hope that helps...

-Cyrus