[SunRescue] desperately looking for sun solaris 2.6 media cd

Stefan Hames rsh5 at cornell.edu
Sat Apr 22 22:47:59 CDT 2000

The URL for the Solaris 8 binary license is:

http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/

I'm not sure that you can still get the Solaris 7 media, but the same
deal applies for 8.

Stefan

>How might one go about obtaining this?
>
>Thanks!
>
>  >.>You can still get a noncommercial 2.7 media set for the cost of
>media
>  >.>(I paid $10 plus $8 postage).  2.7 is a lot like 2.6 in
>look-n-feel,
>  >.>as well as operation.  There are some differences, though most are
>  >.>fairly minor in the grander scheme of the things.
>  >.>
>  >.>Kurt
>  >.>

Stefan Hames
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
E221 Corson Hall
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-2701
Phone: 607-273-4915 (home)
        607-254-2496 (lab)
        607-254-4262 (campus)
        607-255-8088 (fax)