[SunRescue] 'panic: memory error' after add 2nd SM71 inside SS20

Ken Hansen n2vip at impop.bellatlantic.net
Sat Apr 22 06:28:55 CDT 2000

Just a few quick thoughts:

    Have you tried using *only* the new processor in the system?

    Have you tried lowering RAM to isolate the questionable SIMM?

    If I read your system description right, you have 2 SM71s and one
    drive (IBM 9 Gig drive @ 7200 RPM) - inspite of your third fan,I
    wonder if you are having a heat problem?

I suspect that the second SM71 is pushing the heat inside your
previously
stable SS20 to an unaceptable high for one of your SIMMs, but that is
just a guess...

HTH,

Ken
n2vip at bellatlantic.net