[SunRescue] Quick 670 questions

Peter Koch koch at pz.pirmasens.de
Wed Apr 19 09:06:30 CDT 2000

Hi!

>...memory card need to go into a certain slot?

Yes, put it somewhere in slot 1-6.

>I also have the SM51/SM51-2 proc set to replace the SM100's as I was
>told these were not much more than door stops at best. Whats the
>minimum boot prom version needed for these?

2.10. For SM41, you need 2.8r2.
I've just got 2.14 and if a friend of mine is able to revive his
eprom burner, i'll send the 2.14 images to MrBill.

BTW: Great machine. I have two SM100 and while each individual
CPU is dreadly slow (comparable to a SS2, IPX or Classic, LX)
four of them make a big difference!

Tschuess

Peter