[SunRescue] 670MP leds

Martin Wedel xsintrk at xsintrk.net
Tue Apr 18 18:42:05 CDT 2000

>.>That's not the mainboard number, it's the FRU.  The board number
should be
>.>either 501-1686 (5MB/sec SCSI) or 501-2055 (10MB/sec SCSI).
its the 2055, thanks for the correction, thats what I get for
assuming..
>.>
>.>> procs : SM520/SM521

>.>
>.>You need a minimum of boot prom 2.10 to use these.  Look for
525-12xx-04
>.>or higher on your PROM chips (-05 or -06 will work).
>.>
-06 on this board

>.>> video : CG6 single-slot sbus
>.>
>.>Should be fine.
>.>
>.>>    I searched through the hardware FAQs, and see no mention of
this
>.>> mainboard.

>.>>    There are 11 green leds in the 'window' of the card, the
following
>.>> are on. 4, 6, 7, and 10. No video, I haven't yet tried a console

>.>
>.>Counting from which end?  Counting from 1 or 0?

correction, flashlight shows there to be 12 leds
Counting from top, top led being 0

>.>
>.>Check the serial port with a terminal to see if it's getting
anywhere.

Nothing on the console  : (

>.>Also check powersupply voltages, you'll get a beep with +5 but if
any of

Voltage looks good, at least to the drives. Is there a poitn on the
VME bus I can safely check ?

 >.>the others are missing you'll have problems.  Pull the secondary
CPU

Pulled

>.>module (the one that covers sbus slots) while you're trying to get
it
>.>running, no sense in making things more complicated than they

I haven't disturbed the jumpers on the board, and I won't even begin
to pretend I know what they are all for/how they should be set.

Still at same point. Thank you for the info, and responding quickly.
I've been sitting here scouring the net for info and watching for
mail.