[SunRescue] RE: Axil 320

Mattias Nordlund mathew at eagle.y.se
Tue Apr 18 10:43:28 CDT 2000

> http://www.memoryx.net/axil320.html
>
> I know you're not in the US but it's the only place I've found that does it.

I order memory from there, so I will soon have it up and running I hope.

> http://axil.environs.com/ (mainly marketing stuff) and
> http://ccom.chongju.ac.kr/document/unix/doc/sunfaq/
> although this one has lots of docs in Korean it does have some more
> technical stuff on the Axil
Ok, looks good, some things are a bit hard to read thoe :)

> The internal SCSI header isn't 50 pin - the header is towards the top right
> as you look at the motherboard with the SBUS slots towards you IIRC - but
> I'll check that for you. I haven't looked very closely at mine but it uses
> a heavy (in this context) connector with a thick ribbon cable coming off
> it. I have the original case and it supports two drives internally off this
> cable - the cable ends are standard 50 pin SCSI. I'll take a look at the
> cable and try to figure out the connections. The machine I have has a ross
> RT625 processor but I believe the axil 320 will take any processor that the
> sparc 20 will take - no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong :-)

Ok, I guess it was the scsi cable, would be nice if you managed to get
some pinouts, internal scsi is mayby not a must, but nicer then needing to
have an external case.

/Mattias