[SunRescue] Monitor's Are Deadly!!!

Peter Joules peter at joules0.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 17 12:04:07 CDT 2000

In message <B51FA8E7.8F6%macmanjim at powerpcpro.com>, MMJ
<macmanjim at powerpcpro.com> writes
>on 4/16/00 5:13 PM, Peter Joules at peter at joules0.demon.co.uk wrote:
>

>> consequences.  I was working on a TV set about 20 years ago and had
>> isolated the fault to arcing in the EHT rectifier base.  I forgot that
>
>at apple, they tell you to hold your left arm behind your back and use the
>discharge tool with your right hand. Your lucky to be alive. BTW, your last
>name is appropriate.

Agreed... to both of your statements ;-)

Having heard accounts of the pain suffered by heat attack victims since
this incident, I am fairly sure that it temporarily affected my heart.
This has been useful since as a salutary tale to those who I have seen
getting a little over confident.
--
Regards
Pete