[SunRescue] Monitor's Are Deadly!!!

bob i thomas iv01dl at mailcity.com
Mon Apr 17 02:57:27 CDT 2000

--

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000 20:26:25   bobk wrote:
>Something you might not have thought about:
>
>I friend of mine describes how he safely discharged a monitor, was working
>on it, but then closing time came and he went home for the weekend,
>leaving it on his bench. Come monday morning, he starts working on it,
>only to get a decent ZAP. It turns out that the monitor was facing a
>window, where it received sunlight over the weekend - evidently this can
>cause a charge to build up on the tube!
>
>So, leave monitors face down, or cover them, when leaving them.
>
>-bob keyes
>damned yankee

you ever seen how a monitor stays white if under a lamp... the tube transfers the volts throught the ground giving it a "small" charge the most I ever got my tv to grab was I think 9 volts... checked with a ohm meter from sears, so I don't trust it! thanks for all your help guys... I have a Sun(Triton) GDM-1962B montior that I had on... I looked over at it to play alittle in unix and bam... the monitor turned off. It still does the power up Vrumm but the led and tube don't have a pic.?. Any ideas what this might be... and If it is the tube I will scrap it to you guys for like 5 bucks and shiping!

                              thanks V01d
P.S. I got UNIX system Administration Certified today! :) I am soooo happy!

Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct