[SunRescue] New SCSI-disks in old Sparc-boxen.

Pavane, Brian brian.pavane at ggn.com
Sun Apr 16 12:02:00 CDT 2000

Magnus,

Any SCSI Narrow disk seems to work fine.  If you're using an internal disk,
I would not go above a 7200rpm disk, and no more than one in each machine.
These disks run very hot, and the older Sparc's do not have the best of
cooling.

To your second question, an adapter should work fine, but it still is rather
easy to find 50pin (SCSI-Narrow) disks out on the market, at least here in
the USA.

-Brian