[SunRescue] Solaris 7 and leo ZX 24 bit framebuffer

Stefan Hames rsh5 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 12 22:39:02 CDT 2000

Hi,

Installed Solaris 7 on my old SS5 with the Leo ZX 24 bit accelerated
framebuffer and found to my chagrin that the proper drivers were not
installed for the leo board.  Further checking revealed that the
(expensive) board is not supported in Solaris 7.  Hunh? The last os to
support it was Solaris 2.6.  Can I scavenge the drivers from 2.6 (I
don't have the cds), or is there a workaround? Is this fixed in Sol 8 or
am I hosed?

Stefan Hames
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
E221 Corson Hall
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-2701
Phone: 607-273-4915 (home)
       607-254-2496 (lab)
       607-254-4262 (campus)
       607-255-8088 (fax)