[SunRescue] An intriguing idea...

powerpcpro macmanjim at powerpcpro.com
Wed Apr 12 15:53:39 CDT 2000

I have a client who UPSed everything. The dodo forgot to disconnect a phono
jack from his sound out port to his stereo. Well, when the lightening hit
his two-way radio antenna on his house and basically charged the electrical
system in his house to, let say at least 10,000v, it fried the living shit
out his stereo and his Mac 9500. It litterally blew out a chunk on the
motherboard where the jack plugged. the inside of the case was all black.
The moral of the story is that you should make sure everything is either
unplugged or on an UPS.