[SunRescue] An intriguing idea...

Martin Frost martin at dsres.com
Wed Apr 12 13:06:01 CDT 2000

"Wallace E. Owen" wrote:

> What I did with my 400VA unit when the dink bettery in it died was get a
> standard 12V deep-cycle marine battery.  I wired it to my UPS and now
> have a unit that can drive my SS2 for 3-5 days (depending on activity).

I've been considering (once I move to somewhere with a ground floor
or ideally a cellar) buying lots of big (truck, boat, etc) batteries.
Kind of like a telephone exchange battery room[0], but probably on
a slightly smaller scale...

Maybe we should have a hardware hackers' list. ;)

--m

0/ Noting that ringing current in the UK is defined as something like
   half an amp at up to 75 volts, and that these battery rooms can keep
   an exchange running for something like a week, just think about it.