[SunRescue] An intriguing idea...

Mike Hebel druaga at pmail.net
Tue Apr 11 13:42:21 CDT 2000

Tim,

Yes I was referring to IPC/IPX/Classic style and like I said - it was just
an idea.  Although you do have a good point about the thermal properties of
the case - it gets quite warm after a long period of use.

What I actually was looking for was something that would handle small
brownouts and moving the system without having to move _all_ the systems on
the UPS or having to shut it down to move it from one outlet to the next - 5
feet away.

I've actually seen specs for several 24V batteries that would do just fine
for this sort of thing although you would have to completely cut out the
floppy bay to get the height. I don't think a 12V with a switching p/s would
fit in that case anyway.

On the subject of another disk - could you replace the floppy with another
drive and use a power "Y" to run both drives?  Would the supply support that
kind of load on the single feed or not?  (Maybe I'll try this tonight.)

I'm a hardware hacker at heart. ;-)

Mike