[SunRescue] drive tray on 670MP

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Mon Apr 10 18:30:59 CDT 2000

> Why is it that we all drive these little-SUV type vehicles?  I've got a
> Sportage, and I think someone else on here (Chris Drelich?) has a similar
> truck...

Y'all need a real truck - like the big, dirty, smoky, Chevy K5 Blazer
Silverado I used to own.  31 gallon gas tank, 11 miles to the gallon
with a light foot, and the ability to crush small cars in a single
bound.

True story time:
One day on my way to work about 3 years ago I was surprised to find
the front end of a Buick in my way - sticking half way out of a
parking lot, trying to make a left turn onto a busy street (as people
in RI are wont to do).  Unfortunately I didn't have time to stop, and
decided to simply let off the gas pedal instead of jamming on the
brake (which would have made the front end dive and increase the
damage to my truck).  The damage to the vehicles?  The front of the
Buick was crushed beyond repair. lt left the scene on a flatbed with
both front axles broken, bent rims, bursted tires, flattened engine
compartment, buckled hood, and a busted up engine.  I actually
managed to knock both exhaust manifolds off that Buick V6.  My truck
suffered only a flat tire, no doubt from one of those sharp pieces of
metal resulting from squishing the car.

There's no replacement for displacement - as they say.

Kurt