[SunRescue] drive tray on 670MP

Tim kamakazi at tangent.stev.net
Mon Apr 10 08:42:30 CDT 2000

Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 08, 2000 at 05:51:22PM -0700, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> > Bill, you have to remove all of the screws holding the front on, then remove
> > all of the screws around the perimeter of the drive tray, disconnect the
> > SCSI cable from the rear of the tray, pull toward you. <just don't let that
> > heavy bugger fall on your foot> <I did that>
> > Mike N
>

> I've got pics in the digital camera of Amy and I unloading it from the
> truck last night (afterI carried it around for 2-3 days); we ended up taking
> my little $25 wal-mart pushcart that I use for big machines, putting a pile
> of pillows on it, protecting my bumper with cardboard, then "rolling" the
> 670 out of the truck onto the pile of pillows on the cart so that it was
> sitting upside down. 8-)  It worked, though, and we finally got it into the
> house.  Tonight I'm gonna attack it with some Windex and some torx tools
> and strip it down to clean.
>
> Bill

My father-in-law and I did a similar thing, without the cart, to get my
690 MP out of my Geo Tracker and into my storage shed.  Only damage was
to the tailgate of the tracker which got scratched after I unbolted it
and leaned it against the bumper.  Of course my father-in-law, who isn't
a computer guy, never can understand why I bring big old computers home,
especially when I am not even sure they work :-)

Tim