[SunRescue] Need AIX for RS/6000 43P

Ido Dubrawsky ido at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 5 17:42:19 CDT 2000

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 02:30:03PM -0500, Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
> > On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > > I just had a 166mhz PPC 604e RS/6000 model 43P box arrive, and I need
> > > AIX media on cd-rom for it.  Can anybody help?
> > > Bill
> > Does it have to be AIX?  Or would you want LinuxPPC?
> > Ido
>
> AFAIK LinuxPPC wont run on this model...

What is the type number for this box?  If it's a 7248 it is supported.
I know that it is supported on some other 43P subtypes as well...I just don't
remember the model numbers...I am currently trying to install it on 43P-140
here at work...if I can get the damn thing to boot off the CD (otherwise, it's
boot floppy time).

Ido

--
Ido Dubrawsky
Sr. UNIX System Administrator                   E-mail: ido at globeset.com
Command and Control Group/Application Services
GlobeSET.com
Austin, TX