[SunRescue] Sun 411 problem that's been buggin me...

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Wed Apr 5 11:09:04 CDT 2000

Okay, I'm glad to know I'm not nuts...This was the same conclusion that I
had drawn...The next question would be:  Did Sun ever use any drives that
had the ground on the bottom set?  There were at least 3 different drives
used in the 411-series chassis that I'm aware of (2 Sony's and 1 Toshiba),
I'm wondering if there's a different cable out there for the 1 OEM Toshiba
they used...

And yeah, it makes a lot more sense with a chalkboard (we had a whiteboard,
a magnifying glass, and a schematic in our case before we figured it out).
You just expect this stuff to work, it's not rocket science, but apparently
there are different ways to make it work in the first place :)  My next
thought, has anybody tried to make their own cable?

Chris