[SunRescue] PHP3 questions

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 3 11:53:50 CDT 2000

On April 3, Paul Khoury wrote:
> I always notice that there's PHP3 on sunhelp.org, but only know it's
> used for databasing, right?
>
> I was just wondering what are the benefits of it, how it improves a website, etc?
>
> I decided for the heck of it to compile it into my Apache 1.3.12.

  It's used for a lot more than database applications.  It's a scripting
language that can be used for just about anything.  It's fast, easy to
learn, and very flexible.  It's great when you want to do something
that "ordinary" people might do with Perl/CGI, but you don't want the
horrid slowness and general shittiness of Perl to get in the way. :)

            -Dave McGuire