[SunRescue] nthelp website

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sun Apr 2 15:51:32 CDT 2000

It may be a little overwhelming, but it is the best groupware client
available, I've used four or five.  Once you've used it for a while it is a
REALLY nice mail client, although the rules are a wee bit stupid.

> Supposedly when the
> Exchange server
> was put together, they were told never to let it crash, because it's
> next to impossible to get running again (it's some detailed process to
> restore everything, and if you miss or get one step wrong, its back to
> square one... so I've been told).  The web mail "feature" crashes
> something like twice a week.  I could go on, but suffice it to say I'm
> happy my e-mail doesn't run through that house of cards (lucky for me
> student e-mail is on the E4000, I have yet to see Pine or the POP3
> server crash :).

The Web mail sucks becuase it's IIS, and runs with Exchange.  Those two
programs just don't get along well.  As for recovering, it's not bad, I've
done two restores on the whole server for upgrades.  You just have to know
what you're doing, and have a test server to break things on a few times
first.  :-)
	Greg