[SunRescue] nthelp website

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at cu-portland.edu
Sun Apr 2 00:45:49 CST 2000

Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I might get some flames along with this, but I think most of us here are
> able to recognize that NT (like all OSs) has a place in the business world.
> Bill managed to register NThelp.com as part of an April Fool's joke, and
> somehow the idea caught on to actually create the site.

.com or .org?  :-)

> Hey, why not?  Even NT users need help, and possibly more often than than
> Sun users ;-)

hehe

> To anyone interested in contributing, what are your thoughts?  Bill, could
> we setup a NThelp mail list?  If you don't want to soil your servers I'll
> implement it here at my domain for the time being - but I'd have to add
> users manually.  bleaah, Exchange 8-P

First things first, WHAT KIND OF CRACK ARE YOU SMOKING?????  mailing
lists on exchange?  It's a really nice server from the client
perspective (outlook is much better than this here Netscape mailer), but
mailing lists aren't even a bad idea, let along a passable idea.  If I
could figure out why my MTA was broken, I'd recomend mailman, since the
web interface looks cool.  ok, sorry about that rant...    Anyway, uhm,
I'll contribute.  I'm an NT admin at work, because the other guy in the
office won't let me replace everything with *nix just yet.  I guess I
won't rant too much more until we've got a list here to not pollute the
rescue guys.  :-)
	Greg