[SunRescue] Sparc Voyager Questions

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Wed Nov 24 11:48:48 CST 1999

Okay...  I had a friend here at work bring me to someone trying to get
rid of some Sun Equipment...  I picked up an IPC (stocked with memory, but
I dunno if they were 1 meg or 4 meg or what...) a couple of 1.3 G drives
(on in an 811 case, the other non-sun) and a Logitech Trackman for Sun
which the guy at least claimed was a prototype at Sun.  (apparently he
worked at Sun at one point).

Cool and all.  But wait... it gets better.

He has a Sparc Voyager he's getting rid of.  Now, it has the 12" color
monitor...  but he says the top inch of the screen is bad.  He also says
the battery is dead (which I didn't find surprising)...  but that everything
else works.

I can't buy the thing right now, even though he only wants $250 for it.
I'm under the impression that's a great price (am I wrong?).  Of course,
is it possible to get the screen fixed?  If not, are other people interested
in it, I could probably point you at the man...  although really, if the
screen could be fixed, I'd LOVE to get it for myself :)

Let me know what you folks think...

Thanks,
  --Kurt