[SunRescue] sparcrinters

Kent Rankin krankin at usit.net
Sun Nov 14 19:01:24 CST 1999

> Does anyone know if the sparcprinter is supported on a Classic with Solaris
> 2.6?  Is it necessary to build Ghostscript with support for this printer?
> Does the onboard parrallel port work, or do you need an lpvi card to use it?
>
> I recently got a Sparcprinter (Thanks Kent!) that appears to be functioning
> normally, but I don't have a cable for it yet.  At this point I'd like to
> recommend fellow lister Kent Rankin for your sparc needs.  Once in a while
> he sends a message to the list with items he has, but I know that he can get
> more from time to time if you send him your wishlist.

	Wish that I had something to offer the community at the moment, but I'm
kind of dry when it comes to older gear at the moment.  I do appreciate
the recommendation, though.

	The SPARCPrinter's aren't supported any longer.  They do require lpvi
card and cable, yes.  Does anyone recall who it was in the newsgroups
that was selling lpvi cards for $10 each?  Any good sources for the
cables?

	Ghostscript will work fine for it, but the original software won't
function above Solaris 2.5.1, although I do remember seeing a fix for
this a while back.  Perhaps someone can help with that.

	Actually, I do have one(erk, two).  Perhaps if someone knows of a good
home.  There are two of them, and they're at $16,000(us) each.

		UE450
			Quad 300MHz processors
			1GB RAM
			2x 9.1GB drives
			CDROM & Floppy
			Extra RAID adapter
			Sun Rack kit(Sun Rack is included if both are bought).

Just thought that perhaps someone here might know of a use before I
advertise them publicly.  I've also got a pile of Sun Arrays from this
load.

						Thanks,
						Kent Rankin