[SunRescue] Items Available

BSD Bob bsdbob at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 10 16:12:17 CST 1999

> On the front of the workstation there should be a keyhole that says
> "Normal," "Secure," and "Service."
> You need the keys to open the cases on these boxes.
> I'd be interested in any RS/6000 keys as well if
> anyone has any since all of my workstations are locked
> in the normal position.  I've opened them before
> without the key, but it's a real pain in the ass
> and could easily cause some damage to the case.

Paine de Arses it truely be.....

On the matter of ``opening'' excessively attractive AIX boxes the hard way.....

1.  There are two kinds of locks on AIX boxen.  1) a heavy metal dude that
    requires forceful drilling and wacking thereupon.  2) a light plastic
    imitation that requireth nil wacking thereupon, but only a sufficient
    twisteth de wriste, to open.

2.  IFF yer locke be of the former type, ye will haveth a hard time of it,
    and sadly must drilleth its teeth away into oblivion, to obtain entrance.

3.  IFF yer locke be of the latter type, grapples ye up by its appropriate
    inodes de handle, one mechanicks LARGE flat blade ``common'' styled
    screwdriver.  Inserteth ye said screwdriver, by straightforward means,
    bladewise into said locke, at the pointe of entrance of the lost keye.
    With forthrightly and goodly measure, twisteth, said screwdriver, to
    the clockwiseth position of the marke of the SERVICE node.  Thusly,
    may ye, of good and happy merit, open said AIX box, for fitting and
    proper service.

(note: IFF ye have the latter type locke, breaketh off the tiny spit of a
       plastic tab that holdeth the case locked, and hencforth, will ye
       be able to open and manipulate said locke, with said screwdriver,
       as the need ariseth, to such goodly and marked position as ye
       pleaseth.)

(as me Ol' Man was want to say, ``... an' that's that!'')

Such methode has worked fer me fer a long tyme.....

Bob